About TE Laboratories Ltd (TelLab)
Based in Tullow Co. Carlow, TelLab is a wholly owned Irish company established in 1991, with multidivisional activities ranging from environmental analysis, oil and fuel testing laboratories, manufacture
of chemical reagents and standards, as well as proactive R&D and NPD departments. Operating with
customers and partners on a global basis, TelLab are a progressive company with plans to improve all
aspects of our operations, allied with ambitions to expand our current product/service offerings
through a pipeline of innovation coming from our new product development (NPD) teams.
Operating to INAB accredited ISO 17025 in our Environmental Laboratory, TelLab delivers a
professional service in all aspects of environmental analysis, whilst within our Oil Analysis Division, we
are Irelands only accredited oil analysis Laboratory. Our flexibility provides a strategic advantage in
allowing us to provide customized solutions to our customers across the full range of activities.
This is a key role within our operations, supervising the daily activities of a number of Chemical
Analytical Laboratories. The successful candidate will be responsible for installation of
instrumentation and method development on this instrumentation, they will also work closely with
the senior management team in ensuring the daily activities are managed in an efficient and effective
manner, whilst operating under a continuous improvement ethos.
The key requirements are:
• Manage the installation of instrumentation such as ICP-OES, IC, ICP-MS, AA, GC, GC-MS and
• Manage and develop a team of analysts and offer technical guidance and support to their
• Resource management to ensure deadlines are achieved in an optimised manner
• Ensure the activities of the laboratories conform to the relevant QMS standards of ISO 17025
and ISO 9001
• Training existing and new lab technicians on the correct use, calibration and troubleshooting
of lab equipment.
• Provide customer support on technical aspects of services/products provided to the market.
• Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement throughout their team and
organisation, utilising Lean, and related, principles.
• To maintain and further develop a team and inclusive culture
• Liaise with internal and external customers; provide data and assistance to investigate and
resolve customer complaints.
• Educated to degree level or higher, ideally B.Sc. Chemistry.
• The post holder will have previous laboratory experience, with experience managing a
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
• Experience in installation and method development of instrumentation such as ICP-OES, HPLC,
IC, ICP-MS, AA, GC, GCMS.
• Experience in operation and troubleshooting of HPLC, IC, ICP-MS, AA, GC, GCMS, and
• Proven track record in analytical decision making on complex analytical issues.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on judgements and integrity.
• Proven analytical skills and ability to transfer findings into report and presentation formats.
• Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish goals in a challenging environment.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others to improve performance or effectiveness.
• Strong working knowledge of INAB accreditation, and ability to translate the quality standard
requirements into operations as required.
• Knowledge of SAP (not critical)
Applications in writing to include a full CV to Human Resources Manage
About TE Laboratories Ltd (TelLab)