The Post-Production Supervisor has responsibility for monitoring and controlling all post-production activities and ensuring they are completed safely, in accordance with the required quality standards, and production schedule. Through supervision of employees in the department, the position-holder will perform a key role in achieving FLI Precast’s objective of zero accidents, dangerous occurrences, incidents and near misses. They will build engagement and cooperation with their team to encourage behaviours that align with company values. The Post-Production Supervisor will identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the areas of HSEQ performance and production efficiency for consideration by the department manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange for all safety equipment, raw materials, access equipment or other items necessary to complete scheduled works.
- Check that plant and equipment in use for works is fit for purpose and are in good working order.
- Check all HSEQ controls and record are adhered to when supervising works.
- Provide activity specific instruction to train employees in the steps to be followed to complete works safely and to the required quality standard.
- Monitor competency levels of trained employees.
- Keep records of internal training and competence assessments and provide to health and safety department for inclusion in training matrix.
- Check all inspections / checklists and company specific records are maintained and filed.
- Schedule work and coordinate people resources to execute concrete finishing and fit out works developed by Department Manager.
- Complete weekly report on performance and issues regarding safety, quality, output, resources.
- Accurately record labour hour allocations to projects.
- Monitor and report issues related to team performance and support Department Manager/HR in addressing issues.
- Provide input into the development of improved safe systems of works.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve business objectives.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years’ experience working in a similar supervisory role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Some form of Health and Safety Supervisor Training.
- Experience in loading and strapping trailers an advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to influence and motivate a team of employees.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Authority to take action if required standards are not being met.
- Ability to understand basic HR processes for performance management.
- Ability to read drawings an advantage.
- Keen attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Company pension plan with matched employer contributions.
- Death in service benefit.
- Educational Assistance Programme.
FLI Precast Solutions design and manufacture precast concrete elements for a variety of applications in the Data, Energy, Water and Aviation Industries in Ireland, UK and Europe. We provide a service to clients which allows traditional in-situ built concrete infrastructure such as large chambers, tanks, cable troughs, architectural retaining walls, piers and other heavy civils products to be manufactured off site within our three production halls at our twenty-two-acre plant in Ballon, Co. Carlow.
Or core values include prioritising safety, whilst providing both quality service and product through our focus on our people, teamwork and efficiency. FLI build relationships with clients by adding value through their creative approach to solving problems and delivering projects on time in a flexible, dependable, supportive and reliable manner. Our customers benefit from FLI’s depth of knowledge, range of experience and attention to detail in terms of working with clients to create solutions. FLI are focused on creating opportunities for personal and professional growth amongst our staff in order to continue responding and adapting to the ever-changing global marker and provide an exceptionable service level to our customers. We are committed to building trusting relationships with our staff, valuing their contribution to business success while also assisting them in reaching fulfilment of their personal and career objectives.
Ballon is charming rural village at the foot of the Blackstairs Mountains surrounded by archaeological attractions including motte and bailey, ringforts, cashels, standing stones and holy wells, and less than an hour drive from some of the stunning beaches and attractions of Wexford. The village is a 15-minute drive to Carlow town with its host of shops, restaurants and bars, 10 minutes from the nearest motorway, 60 minutes from Rosslare Harbour and 75 minutes from Dublin Airport making it easily accessible for domestic and overseas travel.
Organisational Leadership Delegation Communication Interpersonal