Family run local opticians in the heart of Carlow town. Selling Designer Sunglasses and ophthalmic frames, with ranges for all ages.
Jennings Opticians are a local owned and run business and they have been in business since 1982 (35 years). They moved to their current location on 2 Dublin St, Carlow in 1984 following a fire in Hadden’s.
The Services they provide:
- Glasses: Distance, Reading, Bifocals, Varifocals, Office Lenses, Prescription Swimming goggles.
- Sight Testing: Driving, VDU, Colour Vision, Protocol, Safety.
- They stock a wide range of Designer glasses and Sunglasses including, Ray Ban, Vera Wang, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Oasis and many many more.
- They specialise in Prescription Sunglasses for activities such as Cycling, Shooting, Fishing and Snooker.
- They also offer a wide range of Contact lenses that they fit and supply from brands including Alcon, Bausch and Lomb and Johnson and Johnson.
The newest addition to their services is their new OCT machine. OCT which stands for Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging test. OCT uses light waves to take cross-section pictures of your retina. Like ultrasound, this diagnostic technique employs light rather than sound waves to achieve higher resolution pictures of the structural layers of the back of the eye.
OCT is useful in recognising many eye conditions, including:
- Macular hole
- Macular pucker
- Macular edema
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Gentral serous retinopathy
- Diabetic retinopathy.
Categories: Health Care