The Carlow workshop was started in 1984 by a dedicated committee, the board of management through the years have been supportive of the needs of trainees and of staff. Most members are long-standing and willingly give of their time and expertise.
Carlow Youth Training today is a Community Training Centre providing training, support and work experience to young people. Carlow Youth Training is a community based training centre, offering quality training and self-development. They are committed to ensuring that their trainees are afforded the opportunity to develop their full potential. Training shall meet the needs of their trainees and will encourage progression, leading to enhanced employment prospects, in a supportive community environment. The Centre is run by a manager and fully qualified staff, and is responsible to a Board of Directors drawn from the business, social and commercial community in Carlow.
Over the years the courses that are offered have changed to reflect the changing needs of our learners and the employment market.
Core Values & Principles:
- To place the learner at the centre of all our work
- To provide quality teaching and learning
- To engage in building positive, respectful relationships
- To value and respect all staff and learners
- To promote a culture of openness and fairness
- To promote inclusiveness and embrace change
Categories: Government, Education & Representative