Job Title: Carlow Tourist Office Supervisor
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer of Carlow Tourism CLG
Job location: Offices of Carlow Tourist Offices and Carlow Tourism, College Street, Carlow
Manage visitor engagement services and support festival initiatives promoting Carlow as a holiday destination.
Are you passionate about tourism and ready to play your part in showcasing the beauty of Carlow? We are seeking a dynamic Tourist Office Supervisor to join our team and play a pivotal role in promoting Carlow as a top tourist destination.
- Supervise daily operations of Carlow Tourist Office and Carlow Tourism offices, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Promoting Carlow’s attractions and providing tourists with information to enhance their holiday.
- Oversee staff involved in visitor services and other tourism functions.
- Maintain efficient administration systems and manage budgets.
- Assist with marketing, accounting and procurement functions.
- Support the delivery of festival initiatives promoting Carlow as a holiday destination.
- Manage the annual membership drive for Carlow Tourism.
- Enthusiastic and resourceful self-starter with excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills.
- Proven track record in the tourism sector.
- Strong knowledge of visitor experiences and a passion for promoting the attractions of Carlow and the region.
- Proficiency in IT (Microsoft 365 and One Drive), project management, procurement and marketing.
- Third level qualification in tourism, marketing, hospitality or a relevant discipline.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks.
- Access to transport with a full clean driving licence and business cover insurance.
People and Management:
- Ensure smooth operation of Carlow Tourist and Carlow Tourism offices.
- Implement office administration systems and training for employees and volunteers.
- Oversee staff rosters and adherence to health and safety standards.
- Provide tourist information and engage with visitors to enhance their experience.
- Encourage feedback and promote visitor experiences in Carlow, the Ireland Ancient East region and Ireland.
- Maintain tourist information supplies and disseminate important information to staff, the tourism sector and via company e-zines.
- Handle correspondence, complaints and queries effectively.
- Oversee the management of the reception point and centralised phone system for visitors to Carlow County Museum and Carlow Tourist Office.
- Adhere to Fáilte Ireland policies and procedures as outlined in the Visitor Engagement Handbook.
- Manage office administration budgets and assist with procurement.
- Organise meetings and assist with accounting duties.
- Marketing tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Terms and Conditions
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week
Salary: €30,000-€35,000 plus mileage expenses
Annual Leave: 20 days annual leave
Time in Lieu: Subject to CEO approval within two months
Transport: Access to own transport with a full clean driver’s licence and business cover insurance
Other terms and conditions are detailed in the contract of employment and Employee Handbook.
Why join Carlow Tourism
- Work in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Be at the heart of supporting Carlow as a top tourism destination.
- Opportunity to grow and make a lasting impact on Carlow’s tourism industry.