“Bringing you delicious homemade jams, juices and preserves since 1997. With more than 30 varieties ranging from our traditional Strawberry jam to the ever-popular Apple juice, they have got a flavour for everyone!”
In 1998, Malone Fruit Farm founders Tom and Elizabeth Malone purchased two acres of land to provide employment for their teenage family. Following the advice and support of the local Teagasc office they decided to grow strawberries on it.
The business has now grown to twelve acres and provides a wide variety of soft fruit and other products to the public, retail, hotel and restaurant trade. Frozen fruits are also available all year round for smoothies, desserts, jam making and jellies. These can be purchased from the Malone Farm Shop in Ballon. The shop is opened 7 days a week from 10am to 6pm.
In 1999, they started to produce their own jams and jellies. In 2005, they constructed a purpose-built kitchen and now produce a wide variety of jams, jellies, marmalade, chutneys, fruit tonics and cordials. They also have hampers and gift ideas for special occasions. You can choose from their pre-made hampers or simply make your own.
All produce is available at the farm shop, local farmers market, online and other outlets as follows:
- Local Retailers- Supervalu in Tullow, Carlow and Stradbally. Londis in Ballon. Wards Fruit and Veg shop in Tullow.
- Butchers- Mylers in Bunclody, Co. Wexford and Murphy’s in Tinahealy Co. Wicklow.
- Speciality Shops- Stewarts Hospital in Dublin. (The Coach House)
- Farmers Market- Carlow Farmers Market, Potato Market, Carlow.
- Laragh- Brokagh Resource Centre, Laragh.
- Farmleigh- Phoenix Park, Dublin