Frequently Asked Questions
Have you got a question or query in relation to the awards and cannot find an answer, just get in touch and we will help you out. Call the Chamber on 059 91 32337 or alternatively e-mail email@example.com
Who Can Nominate in the Carlow Business Awards?
- Nominations may be completed by any-person, whether representing a business, organisation, or indeed themselves.
- If you know an individual or business deserving recognition then complete a nomination.
- Nominations are open to all businesses and individuals across County Carlow and its environs,
- Neither nominees or those nominated are required to be members of County Carlow Chamber
Who Can Be Nominated in the Carlow Business Awards?
- If you know an individual or business deserving recognition then complete a nomination, the awards are designed to recognise and acknowledge the great people and businesses in across County Carlow
- Nominations are open to all businesses and individuals across County Carlow and its environs.
- When nominating an individual or business, they are not required to be members of County Carlow Chamber.
- The only requirement is that they meet the criteria for the category, with any queries, please contact the County Carlow Chamber on firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when nominations close?
- Nominations are checked to ensure they are correct and meet the criteria for the categories they have been submitted to.
- All shortlisted nominees are contacted on the details provided by the individual who completed the nomination (Please ensure full and correct details are included)
- Nominees are required to submit further information to support their nomination and strengthen their nomination through the judging process
- In some Categories further information may involve interviews, site visits, employee surveys
- The final shortlist of all nominees will be published in advance of the awards
- Winners will be announced at the awards on 29th September 2022
How does the Judging work?
- The judging Process varies depending on the categories
- Details submitted in the nomination stage is taken into account in the early part of the process
- When nominees accept the nomination, the information they provide is a key part of the process for most categories
- In several categories, unscheduled audits/mystery visits will be conducted of nominee premises to review and score the nominees along set parameters and criteria. These audits will vary depending on the category
- Nominees in some categories will be invited to present to the Judges on a set date and time, these include Family Business of the Year, Outstanding Small Business of the Year
- The Judges will visit the premises of nominees in Business of the Year for a scheduled visit
- Should you have queries in relation to the Judging Process at any stage, please email us on email@example.com
Why should I complete a nomination in the Awards?
- Completing a nomination is a great way to recognise and acknowledge the great individuals, businesses and organisations across the county
- If you feel an individual or business delivers a great service, product etc, them why not let everyone else know
- In many cases the work carried out may go unnoticed by many, this is an opportunity to showcase that work
- Don’t wait for someone else to complete a nomination for that company or individual, that someone else may be waiting for you to complete it
- Nominees will only find out they have been nominated after the nomination period has closed, and no late nominations will be accepted
Where can I complete a nomination?
- Nominations can be completed online at www.carlowchamber.com, full details are there also on the categories and the criteria
- If you wish to compete a written entry, forms can also be downloaded from the Carlow Chamber website, just follow the links to the Carlow Business Awards
- A direct link to the nomination form CLICK HERE
I would like to add more details on my nomination
- All nominees will be contacted once the nomination period closes to advise them that they have been nominated
- Nominees will then be give a period of time to provide specific additional details on their company under a number of headings
- In certain categories additional specific information will be required
Closing and Late Nominations
- The closing date for submitting nominations is Monday 15th August 2022 at 12 noon
- Nominations submitted after this time will not be accepted