County Carlow Chamber is officially authorised by Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation. The Chamber handles a range of documents for companies including Certificates of Origin (EU Certs, Arab/Irish Certs).
Certificates of Origin
Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. This document proves the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods, specified thereon. The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods, e.g. member States of the Arab League require an Arab-Irish Certificate Origin. The majority of Certificates of Origin issued by the Chamber will be for non-Arab destinations. In such cases the European Union Certificate of Origin is used.
- Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber:
An Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to information provided by the company to the Chamber. The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information. The applicant must be based in the 26 counties and be registered with the Companies Registration Office. The Indemnity Form is available from County Carlow Chamber and is renewed annually.
- A list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company: the (pink) application form of the European Certificate of Origin or the blue & green sheets of the Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin and documentation will only be accepted from those on the authorised list.
- Non-members of County Carlow Chamber must supply the Chamber with a banker’s reference. This must confirm that the company maintains an account with the bank.
It is possible to have EU certificates of Origin certified online, please contact email@example.com for an Indemnity Form to register for this Service.
Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in and enter all certificate details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our Chamber official stamp and signature digitally and then email you to confirm approval. You can then issue an EU Certificate of Origin right at your own printer (you will need to maintain a stock of blank certificates).
Using the online system brings many benefits including:
- Records of all certificates are stored for audit
- Save money on couriers, post and staff time
- Save time as the risk of your document being rejected is eliminated