Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. This document proves the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods, specified thereon. The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods, e.g. member States of the Arab League require an Arab-Irish Certificate Origin. The majority of Certificates of Origin issued by the Chamber will be for non-Arab destinations. In such cases the European Union Certificate of Origin is used.
To Register Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber:
- An Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to information provided by the company to the Chamber. The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information. The applicant must be based in the 26 counties and be registered with the Companies Registration Office. The Indemnity Form is available from County Carlow Chamber and is renewed annually.
- A list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company: the (pink) application form of the European Certificate of Origin or the blue & green sheets of the Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin and documentation will only be accepted from those on the authorised list.
Certificates of Origin certified online It is possible to have EU certificates of Origin certified online, please contact admin@carlowchamber.
Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in and enter all certificate details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our Chamber official stamp and signature digitally and then email you to confirm approval. You can then issue an EU Certificate of Origin right at your own printer (you will need to maintain a stock of blank certificates).
Benefits of the system:
- Save money on couriers, post and staff time
- Save time as the risk of your document being rejected is eliminated
Certificates for Arab Destinations: Where an exporter wishes to send goods to an Arab state it is necessary to use an Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin. Following processing by County Carlow Chamber, the Certificate should be sent to the Joint Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce, 63 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2 to be officially stamped and signed.
Arab – Irish Certificates of Origin The following countries require Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin:
- Democratic & Popular Republic of Algeria
- State of Bahrain
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Djibouti
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Lebanon
- Socialist Peoples Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Sultanate of Oman
- State of Qatar
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Somali Democratic Republic
- Republic of Tunisia
- United Arab Emirates
- Republic of Yemen
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Sudan
County Carlow Chamber cannot guarantee manual process of Certs of Origin on demand. To have a Cert of Origin manually stamped, it is best to phone the Chamber on 059 913 2337 and make an appointment.